PADI Divemaster Course 2019
Our PADI Divemaster Course is the first leadership level course in a series of Professional level scuba diving courses within the PADI System of diver education.
Divers will learn advanced dive theory including physics, physiology, decompression theory, dive tables, standards and procedures and more, as well as how to perform dive skills demonstration quality and how to supervise student divers and certified divers.
- Minimum 18 years old
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care certified (CPR & First Aid) within the last 24 months
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- Logged at least 50 dives
April 2019 for class and pool. Open water and Practical Applications to follow upon successful completion of all pool and academic sessions. Please contact us for a complete schedule of dates and times.
Becoming a PADI Divemaster is your first step onto the professional diving world’s sidewalk. It is very hands on and covers a wide range of responsibilities and rewards. As a career (or even part time career), divemasters are an essential part of Dan’s Dive shop and are often relied upon by other divers and students. As a divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do. You’ll work closely with our instructors and be a role model to students, new divers and customers with the experience in the full spectrum of what recreational diving has to offer.
Some of the skills you’ll develop in your divemaster course and role will involve:
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Candidates will also learn about Physics, Physiology, Decompression Theory, Equipment, Supervision techniques, the aquatic realm, and much more.
How do you get started?
If you’ve got the drive, proper mindset and discipline to succeed in a course of this magnitude, we’d be happy to have you. If you want to go the professional route –contact us at the shop today to see how to get started as a DDS Divemaster and the schedule for this exciting course.
Need a more flexible learning option but want to get started immediately? Sign up today for eLearning and you’ll be able to start learning immediately.With our eLearning option, you can complete the academic portions of the course online via the PADI eLearning process. Follow up with the shop to plan out the remainder of your course requirements.
What gear will you need?
$500.00 + HST for class/pool sessions or $650 + HST for PADI eLearning. Additional Costs: parking, dive admission fees, boat charters (if applicable), PADI Divemaster Crewpak, any additional equipment rentals or specialized gear.
Where do I go from here?
Here are some popular examples of courses commonly taken by graduates of this course:
- PADI Assistant Instructor
- PADI Instructor
- Intro to Tech
- Technical Decompression Diver
- PADI Self Reliant Diver
- Technical Divemaster
- Emergency First Responder Instructor
PADI Assistant Instructor Course
Our PADI Assistant Instructor Course is tailored around you working in the industry teaching discover scuba’s, assisting open water classes, co-teaching with one of our experienced instructors and getting you up to par for your Final Step, the PADI Instructor Course. By completing your A.I. course you can save time and money when you make the jump to Instructor by completing some of the prep work with us.
Those wishing to complete the academic portions of your PADI Assistant Instructor Course via the eLearning process may do so by joining our eLearning website click here.
100 dives (minimum)
Continue your path down the PADI Professional road with Dan’s as he personally takes you through the PADI Assistant Instructor Program. This Course is PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC). You’ll not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional but you’ll also start learning the PADI System of diver education.
As a PADI Assistant Instructor you will be able to:
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Teach the AWARE Coral Reef Conservation specialty course
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water
- Conduct PADI Seal Team AquaMissions
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
To Enroll in the A.I. Program you will need a:
- PADI Divemaster rating, be at least 18 years old, Have a bare minimum of 60 logged dives, including Deep, Wreck, Night, Navigation Dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months.
What will I do?
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations under the supervision of one of our on staff PADI Staff Instructors
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
- The course can vary from as little as three days to more than two weeks
All Candidates will need the following:
- PADI Instructor Manual
- Instructor Candidate Workbook
- Open Water Lesson Planning Slate
- Confined Water Lesson Preparation Slate
- Open Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- Confined Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- The Law and the Diving Professional
- The Business of Diving
- The Best of The Undersea Journal
- Log Book
- Peak Performance Bouyancy Specialty Instructor Specialty Instructor Outline
- Project AWARE Specialty Program Instructor Outline
- Aware Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Instructor Outline
- Open Water Diver Manual
- Recreational Dive Planner, The Wheel and table, and Instructions for Use Booklets
- Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exam booklet
- Adventures in Diving Manual
- Rescue Diver Manual
- Rescue Diver Final Exams Booklet
- Divemaster Manual
- Divemaster Final Exams Booklet
By Completing your PADI Assistant Instructor course with us you can save time and money when moving towards your PADI OWSI Instructor Development Course, as you will have successfully have completed some academic and watermanship skills crucial to the PADI OWSI Instructor Development Course, which will arm you with more tools to move forward.
Cost : $650.00 + HST. Includes PADI eLearning Class, but Does NOT Include PADI AI Crewpak, which needs to be purchased in advance from DDS at a discounted rate.
Dates: June 2019