PADI Open Water Scuba Diving Course Weeknights Brock University March 2019
Get ready for the Spring Dive Season with your PADI Open Water Scuba Diving Course Weeknights at Brock University and enjoy the fun with Dan’s Dive Shop, Canada’s Oldest, Most Respected Scuba Diving School. The course runs every Wednesday Night starting March 27th-May 1st, 2019 from 6:30-10pm over 6 weeks with your Open Water Certification Checkout Dives to follow.
Learn to scuba dive with one of North America’s most respected, most experienced, most progressive and visionary dive shops. At Dan’s we teach you the right way to dive from day one.
Learn how to Scuba Dive and spend your life exploring local and exotic locations. Dive Ontario and the rest of this amazing world underwater as a DDS Diver. There are tons of great dive sites both locally and away, as well as exciting wrecks and beautiful aquatic life.
At Dan’s we offer you a more thorough and modern approach to your scuba diving education. We believe in teaching you how to maximize your potential and see where the tides take you.
We pride ourselves on offering you a higher level of training aimed at taking you further through the life long adventure sport of scuba diving.
DDS Divers are the most skilled and respected recreational and technical divers in the water because they are taught to be more comfortable, utilize precision buoyancy, possess higher skill and techniques underwater, with more academic and team awareness.
Minimum age is 10 years by PADI standards, however we strongly recommend 12-14 years (Unless accompanied by a parent).
How can you enroll?
Complete the academic portions of the PADI Open Water Diver Course and videos at your own pace with eLearning followed by 6 new classroom sessions with your Instructor who will introduce many revolutionary diving concepts not taught in more traditional dive training for a more informative and beneficial dive training experience.
Upon successful completion of classroom and pool sessions, students will need to complete an Open Water Diving component usually held over a weekend.
Open Water Dives are required for Open Water certification and are included in your full course price and completed locally.
Scuba courses are available 12 months of the year.
PADI Open Water Class/Pool Only $350+HST
Full PADI Open Water Certification Course Cost is only $500+HST ALL INCLUSIVE for the standard course with eLearning activation code and PADI Deluxe Multimedia Crewpak (digital dive tables, virtual log book with PADI Scuba Earth and more!). Includes class, pool, open water dives, full scuba equipment rental (no snorkeling gear), certification fees and more.
What gear will you need?
All students will need to purchase their own Mask, Strap Fins, Snorkel, Boots, however many of our students prefer to purchase the rest of their kit too. You’ll want to buy the right gear, so please have a read through our DDS Student Diver PDF and learn more about the specific gear requirements and training differences we offer, as well as some incentives.
You don’t need to purchase a weight belt and weights, at DDS we don’t believe in over-weighting our students. Weight belts are an outdated piece of gear that has not been used by us in training since the late 1990’s.Our divers are taught to use little to no weight.
Financing is available: Finance your PADI Open Water Scuba Diving Course, snorkeling gear and even your scuba equipment package at a very reasonable rate. Ask staff for details and learn diving in the best equipment you can…..your own personal dive gear, or ours.
DDS will include all scuba equipment for the course, however, you will enjoy your diving experience much more in your own personal dive equipment.
Our Cancellation Policy: You may reschedule your class within a 2 week time period. No shows or last minute cancellations will be subject to rescheduling fee. If you can’t do the class, you may transfer your class fees to someone else who can.
PADI Divemaster Course 2019
Our PADI Divemaster Course is the first leadership level course in a series of Professional level scuba diving courses within the PADI System of diver education.
Divers will learn advanced dive theory including physics, physiology, decompression theory, dive tables, standards and procedures and more, as well as how to perform dive skills demonstration quality and how to supervise student divers and certified divers.
- Minimum 18 years old
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care certified (CPR & First Aid) within the last 24 months
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- Logged at least 50 dives
April 2019 for class and pool. Open water and Practical Applications to follow upon successful completion of all pool and academic sessions. Please contact us for a complete schedule of dates and times.
Becoming a PADI Divemaster is your first step onto the professional diving world’s sidewalk. It is very hands on and covers a wide range of responsibilities and rewards. As a career (or even part time career), divemasters are an essential part of Dan’s Dive shop and are often relied upon by other divers and students. As a divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do. You’ll work closely with our instructors and be a role model to students, new divers and customers with the experience in the full spectrum of what recreational diving has to offer.
Some of the skills you’ll develop in your divemaster course and role will involve:
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Candidates will also learn about Physics, Physiology, Decompression Theory, Equipment, Supervision techniques, the aquatic realm, and much more.
How do you get started?
If you’ve got the drive, proper mindset and discipline to succeed in a course of this magnitude, we’d be happy to have you. If you want to go the professional route –contact us at the shop today to see how to get started as a DDS Divemaster and the schedule for this exciting course.
Need a more flexible learning option but want to get started immediately? Sign up today for eLearning and you’ll be able to start learning immediately.With our eLearning option, you can complete the academic portions of the course online via the PADI eLearning process. Follow up with the shop to plan out the remainder of your course requirements.
What gear will you need?
$500.00 + HST for class/pool sessions or $650 + HST for PADI eLearning. Additional Costs: parking, dive admission fees, boat charters (if applicable), PADI Divemaster Crewpak, any additional equipment rentals or specialized gear.
Where do I go from here?
Here are some popular examples of courses commonly taken by graduates of this course:
- PADI Assistant Instructor
- PADI Instructor
- Intro to Tech
- Technical Decompression Diver
- PADI Self Reliant Diver
- Technical Divemaster
- Emergency First Responder Instructor
PADI Assistant Instructor Course
Our PADI Assistant Instructor Course is tailored around you working in the industry teaching discover scuba’s, assisting open water classes, co-teaching with one of our experienced instructors and getting you up to par for your Final Step, the PADI Instructor Course. By completing your A.I. course you can save time and money when you make the jump to Instructor by completing some of the prep work with us.
Those wishing to complete the academic portions of your PADI Assistant Instructor Course via the eLearning process may do so by joining our eLearning website click here.
100 dives (minimum)
Continue your path down the PADI Professional road with Dan’s as he personally takes you through the PADI Assistant Instructor Program. This Course is PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC). You’ll not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional but you’ll also start learning the PADI System of diver education.
As a PADI Assistant Instructor you will be able to:
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Teach the AWARE Coral Reef Conservation specialty course
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water
- Conduct PADI Seal Team AquaMissions
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
To Enroll in the A.I. Program you will need a:
- PADI Divemaster rating, be at least 18 years old, Have a bare minimum of 60 logged dives, including Deep, Wreck, Night, Navigation Dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months.
What will I do?
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations under the supervision of one of our on staff PADI Staff Instructors
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
- The course can vary from as little as three days to more than two weeks
All Candidates will need the following:
- PADI Instructor Manual
- Instructor Candidate Workbook
- Open Water Lesson Planning Slate
- Confined Water Lesson Preparation Slate
- Open Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- Confined Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- The Law and the Diving Professional
- The Business of Diving
- The Best of The Undersea Journal
- Log Book
- Peak Performance Bouyancy Specialty Instructor Specialty Instructor Outline
- Project AWARE Specialty Program Instructor Outline
- Aware Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Instructor Outline
- Open Water Diver Manual
- Recreational Dive Planner, The Wheel and table, and Instructions for Use Booklets
- Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exam booklet
- Adventures in Diving Manual
- Rescue Diver Manual
- Rescue Diver Final Exams Booklet
- Divemaster Manual
- Divemaster Final Exams Booklet
By Completing your PADI Assistant Instructor course with us you can save time and money when moving towards your PADI OWSI Instructor Development Course, as you will have successfully have completed some academic and watermanship skills crucial to the PADI OWSI Instructor Development Course, which will arm you with more tools to move forward.
Cost : $650.00 + HST. Includes PADI eLearning Class, but Does NOT Include PADI AI Crewpak, which needs to be purchased in advance from DDS at a discounted rate.
Dates: June 2019