PADI Assistant Instructor Course
Our PADI Assistant Instructor Course is tailored around you working in the industry teaching discover scuba’s, assisting open water classes, co-teaching with one of our experienced instructors and getting you up to par for your Final Step, the PADI Instructor Course. By completing your A.I. course you can save time and money when you make the jump to Instructor by completing some of the prep work with us.
Those wishing to complete the academic portions of your PADI Assistant Instructor Course via the eLearning process may do so by joining our eLearning website click here.
100 dives (minimum)
Continue your path down the PADI Professional road with Dan’s as he personally takes you through the PADI Assistant Instructor Program. This Course is PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC). You’ll not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional but you’ll also start learning the PADI System of diver education.
As a PADI Assistant Instructor you will be able to:
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Teach the AWARE Coral Reef Conservation specialty course
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water
- Conduct PADI Seal Team AquaMissions
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
To Enroll in the A.I. Program you will need a:
- PADI Divemaster rating, be at least 18 years old, Have a bare minimum of 60 logged dives, including Deep, Wreck, Night, Navigation Dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months.
What will I do?
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations under the supervision of one of our on staff PADI Staff Instructors
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
- The course can vary from as little as three days to more than two weeks
All Candidates will need the following:
- PADI Instructor Manual
- Instructor Candidate Workbook
- Open Water Lesson Planning Slate
- Confined Water Lesson Preparation Slate
- Open Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- Confined Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- The Law and the Diving Professional
- The Business of Diving
- The Best of The Undersea Journal
- Log Book
- Peak Performance Bouyancy Specialty Instructor Specialty Instructor Outline
- Project AWARE Specialty Program Instructor Outline
- Aware Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Instructor Outline
- Open Water Diver Manual
- Recreational Dive Planner, The Wheel and table, and Instructions for Use Booklets
- Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exam booklet
- Adventures in Diving Manual
- Rescue Diver Manual
- Rescue Diver Final Exams Booklet
- Divemaster Manual
- Divemaster Final Exams Booklet
By Completing your PADI Assistant Instructor course with us you can save time and money when moving towards your PADI OWSI Instructor Development Course, as you will have successfully have completed some academic and watermanship skills crucial to the PADI OWSI Instructor Development Course, which will arm you with more tools to move forward.
Cost : $650.00 + HST. Includes PADI eLearning Class, but Does NOT Include PADI AI Crewpak, which needs to be purchased in advance from DDS at a discounted rate.
Dates: June 2019
PADI Open Water Weekend Scuba Diving Course June 2019
Get your PADI Open Water Certification with DDS! Our Award Winning 5 PADI Star Scuba Diving program will be running Saturday June 15-16, 2019. This will cover all your class and pool training sessions. Open Water Certification Dives will be held the next weekend. Students have 12 months to complete Open Waters if the following weekend isn’t available. Referrals are also available for those traveling away south, please speak to us before you book anything away.
Dan’s is one of North America’s most respected, experienced, progressive and visionary dive shops. We pride ourselves on offering you a higher level of training designed to take you further into the life long adventure of scuba diving.
Minimum age of 12yrs old. Must be able to swim 200 meters non-stop or 300 meters with mask, fins, snorkel. Tread water 10 mins.
How can you enroll?
You complete the Open Water Diver Course classroom component on eLearn . We will have you complete all academic portions of the PADI Open Water Diver Course and videos at your own pace and will meet up for Classroom with your Instructor as we fill in many of the gaps left in traditional dive training with a more informative and beneficial dive training experience.
Upon successful completion of your PADI Weekend Scuba Diving Course (classroom and pool sessions), students will need to complete an Open Water Diving component to complete the Open Water Diver Certification, which is usually held over a weekend.
Open Water Dives are required for Open Water certification and are included in your full course price and completed locally.
Scuba courses are available 12 months of the year.
PADI Open Water Class/Pool Only $350+HST
Full PADI Open Water Certification Course Cost is only $500+HST ALL INCLUSIVE for the standard course with eLearning activation code and PADI Deluxe Multimedia Crewpak (digital dive tables, virtual log book with PADI Scuba Earth and more!). Includes class, pool, open water dives, full scuba equipment rental (no snorkeling gear), certification fees and more.
What gear will you need?
All students will need to purchase their own Mask, Strap Fins, Snorkel, Boots, however many of our students prefer to purchase the rest of their kit too. You’ll want to buy the right gear, so please have a read through our DDS Student Diver PDF and learn more about the specific gear requirements and training differences we offer, as well as some incentives.
You don’t need to purchase a weight belt and weights, at DDS we don’t believe in over-weighting our students. Weight belts are an outdated piece of gear that has not been used by us in training since the late 1990’s.Our divers are taught to use little to no weight.
Financing is available: Finance your course, snorkeling gear and even your scuba equipment package at a very reasonable rate. Ask staff for details and learn diving in the best equipment you can…..your own personal dive gear, or ours.
DDS will include all scuba equipment for the course, however, you will enjoy your diving experience much more in your own personal dive equipment.