PADI Assistant Instructor Course
Our PADI Assistant Instructor Course is tailored around you working in the industry teaching discover scuba’s, assisting open water classes, co-teaching with one of our experienced instructors and getting you up to par for your Final Step, the PADI Instructor Course. By completing your A.I. course you can save time and money when you make the jump to Instructor by completing some of the prep work with us.
Those wishing to complete the academic portions of your PADI Assistant Instructor Course via the eLearning process may do so by joining our eLearning website click here.
100 dives (minimum)
Continue your path down the PADI Professional road with Dan’s as he personally takes you through the PADI Assistant Instructor Program. This Course is PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC). You’ll not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional but you’ll also start learning the PADI System of diver education.
As a PADI Assistant Instructor you will be able to:
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Teach the AWARE Coral Reef Conservation specialty course
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water
- Conduct PADI Seal Team AquaMissions
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
To Enroll in the A.I. Program you will need a:
- PADI Divemaster rating, be at least 18 years old, Have a bare minimum of 60 logged dives, including Deep, Wreck, Night, Navigation Dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months.
What will I do?
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations under the supervision of one of our on staff PADI Staff Instructors
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
- The course can vary from as little as three days to more than two weeks
All Candidates will need the following:
- PADI Instructor Manual
- Instructor Candidate Workbook
- Open Water Lesson Planning Slate
- Confined Water Lesson Preparation Slate
- Open Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- Confined Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- The Law and the Diving Professional
- The Business of Diving
- The Best of The Undersea Journal
- Log Book
- Peak Performance Bouyancy Specialty Instructor Specialty Instructor Outline
- Project AWARE Specialty Program Instructor Outline
- Aware Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Instructor Outline
- Open Water Diver Manual
- Recreational Dive Planner, The Wheel and table, and Instructions for Use Booklets
- Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exam booklet
- Adventures in Diving Manual
- Rescue Diver Manual
- Rescue Diver Final Exams Booklet
- Divemaster Manual
- Divemaster Final Exams Booklet
By Completing your PADI Assistant Instructor course with us you can save time and money when moving towards your PADI OWSI Instructor Development Course, as you will have successfully have completed some academic and watermanship skills crucial to the PADI OWSI Instructor Development Course, which will arm you with more tools to move forward.
Cost : $650.00 + HST. Includes PADI eLearning Class, but Does NOT Include PADI AI Crewpak, which needs to be purchased in advance from DDS at a discounted rate.
Dates: June 2019
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course June Local 2019
join the fun in our upcoming PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course June Local 2019 program. Our PADI Advanced classes offer you a more thorough and progressive PADI education that is designed to hone and improve foundational skills and introduce you to more exceptional techniques, environments and experiences.
Those wishing to complete the academic portions via the eLearning process may do so by joining our eLearning website click here or can purchase the course with the standard PADI Advanced Open Water materials which are included as part of the course price.
The PADI Advanced Open Water Course introduces divers how to be more aware and how to participate in bigger, better dives utilizing more precision techniques, while exposing you to multitude of different diving environments.
The training dives are designed to allow you the opportunity to gain experience under the direct supervision of one of our PADI Instructors.
What’s unique about our Advanced Open Water course is that we also allow you to complete your class in a Drysuit if you would prefer to stay warmer and more comfortable than you would in a wetsuit.
Open Water Diver with 10 dives minimum over the age of 15yrs.
Junior Advanced may also be conducted to a maximum depth of 70′ for students under the age of 15.
Our course allows students to experience a multitude of different styles and types of diving including: Deep Diving, Wreck Diving, Boat Diving, Drift Diving, Night Diving, Peak Performance Buoyancy Dives, Underwater Navigation, Discover Enriched Air Nitrox, Search and Recovery, Diver Propulsion Vehicle Adventure Dive and more. Attention is paid to proper buoyancy and fin techniques, air management, specialized equipment, proper gas reserves and dive planning.
Dan’s Dive Shop also offers all of our Advanced Open Water Course participants the opportunity to take advantage of a Drysuit Upgrade Option where divers can take your entire Advanced Open Water Course in a DUI Drysuit (requires an additional orientation dive session).
A classroom session will take place prior to deep diving where a thorough understanding of the features, beneifts and safety aspects of deep, wreck diving are covered. Diver’s will learn what advanced diving is all about and what’s required to be an Advanced Diver. Additional training and information is conducted on the dive site prior to the dive.
All students must have a Digital Depth and Timing Device for the Deep and Wreck Dives, if you don’t own one, one will be provided for you. Students will also need a minimum of 2 lights (1 primary and 1 backup).
This is the most through Advanced Course offered in the business and the most enjoyable!
$350+HST includes Course and Instructor Fees, PADI Advanced Open Water Manual, Certification Fee, classroom, Open Water dives. PADI Advanced with Drysuit Option Add $100 ($450+HST) includes confined water session.
Advanced Open Water “By the Dive” Cost $455.00+HST (wetsuit) – $555.00 (dry)
Minimum Age 15, 10 logged dives is recommended, however, is ultimately up to the instructor.
June 15/16, 2019
August 10/11, 2019
September 7/8, 2019
We do not include any scuba equipment rentals in the basic Advanced Open Water course fee.
Any Park entry fee’s or boat charters are additional unless otherwise specified, however, if you join us for your Advanced course on a Trip to Tobermory, Kingston, Brockville, Picton or anyone of our other great local dive destinations, the cost of the trip will include all charter boat dives.
PADI standards now suggest that all students have an smb (surface marker buoy) and a whistle. We’d also suggest for safety a reel to attach to the smb to deploy in an emergency situation from depth.
PADI Drysuit Specialty Option includes use of drysuit, undergarment, larger fins, but does not include any additional rental equipment as many of our divers already have begun to purchase some or all of their dive gear package.