329 Welland Avenue
Saint Catharines, ON L2R 2R2
PADI Divemaster Course 2018
Our PADI Divemaster Course is the first leadership level course in a series of Professional level scuba diving courses within the PADI System of diver education.
Divers will learn advanced dive theory including physics, physiology, decompression theory, dive tables, standards and procedures and more, as well as how to perform dive skills demonstration quality and how to supervise student divers and certified divers.
- Minimum 18 years old
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care certified (CPR & First Aid) within the last 24 months
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- Logged at least 50 dives
July 9,10,16,17,22,23, & 24th for class/pool & open water with internships to follow upon successful completion of all pool and academic sessions.
Becoming a PADI Divemaster is your first step onto the professional diving world’s sidewalk. It is very hands on and covers a wide range of responsibilities and rewards. As a career (or even part time career), divemasters are an essential part of Dan’s Dive shop and are often relied upon by other divers and students. As a divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do. You’ll work closely with our instructors and be a role model to students, new divers and customers with the experience in the full spectrum of what recreational diving has to offer.
Some of the skills you’ll develop in your divemaster course and role will involve:
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Candidates will also learn about Physics, Physiology, Decompression Theory, Equipment, Supervision techniques, the aquatic realm, and much more.
How do you get started?
If you’ve got the drive, proper mindset and discipline to succeed in a course of this magnitude, we’d be happy to have you. If you want to go the professional route –contact us at the shop today to see how to get started as a DDS Divemaster and the schedule for this exciting course.
Need a more flexible learning option but want to get started immediately? Sign up today for eLearning and you’ll be able to start learning immediately.With our eLearning option, you can complete the academic portions of the course online via the PADI eLearning process. Follow up with the shop to plan out the remainder of your course requirements.
What gear will you need?
$500.00 + HST for class/pool sessions or $650 + HST for PADI eLearning. Additional Costs: parking, dive admission fees, boat charters (if applicable), PADI Divemaster Crewpak, any additional equipment rentals or specialized gear.
Where do I go from here?
Here are some popular examples of courses commonly taken by graduates of this course:
- PADI Assistant Instructor
- PADI Instructor
- Intro to Tech
- Technical Decompression Diver
- PADI Self Reliant Diver
- Technical Divemaster
- Emergency First Responder Instructor